No one ever told you that parenting was going to be this painful, did they? Schools do not require us to complete a Parenting 101 class, do they? So where were you supposed to learn how to do this? If you are struggling at any stage of your parenting journey, our therapists want to join you in figuring out what YOUR child needs, and to help you identify the strategies that will work for YOU. Parenting hurts as much as it brings joy. Let us help you increase the joy!
Parents look for a psychologist or counselor to provide parent coaching for many reasons, most often when one of these 5 situations occur:
- You see your child struggling and you are at a loss about how to parent in a way that helps.
- You know your child’s situation at school is a big part of the problem, but you are not confident in your ability to advocate effectively for your child.
- The pain you feel when you see your child struggle is interfering with your ability to parent effectively.
- You and the person sharing in the responsibility of raising your child (spouse, ex-spouse, etc.) disagree about what how to discipline or about what limits to set, and the disagreements are getting in the way of making wise parenting decisions.
- Your child is getting older, or already IS older, and the way you have always parented is no longer working, or is causing more conflict than you can tolerate.
Don’t wait any longer. Our therapists truly can help you navigate the parenting waters. Call today to set up a first appointment. To learn more about the therapists at Counseling Psychologists of Woodbury who specialize in parent coaching, visit any of these professionals:
- Vanessa Schulte, M.S.W, LGSW
- Stacy Symons, PhD, LP
- Dave Roseen, PhD, LP
- Connie Meyer, MA, LP, LICSW
- Mark Bishop, MA, LMFT
- Bonnie Slaughter, MEd, LPCC
- Robin McLeod, PhD, LP
Other services you may find helpful: